I have been celebrating this week as I have passed my Master Coach Accreditation (AMC) with the IAPC&M (International Authority For Professional Coaching&Mentoring).
It has taken me just over 2 years to achieve the status of AMC so that I can demonstrate the highest levels of professional standards in the industry.
To achieve my accreditation I have had to provide the following documentary evidence:
- 180 coach/mentor specific training hours
- 1500 coaching/mentoring hours
- 30 hours of CPD each year
- 15 client testimonials
- My personal mentoring and supervision details
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance
On top of that I have completed:
- A 50 minute capability based interview to show my understanding of Professional Standards and Code of Conduct
- Completed a 50 minute coaching/mentoring session with a coach of a higher grade than myself
- A reflection essay following my assessment and interview
So what does my accreditation mean for my clients?
It means that:
- I have passed a recognised process of competence
- I can provide a quality assurance of service provision
- I demonstrate personal commitment to my training, certification, experience, capability, competency and integrity
- It differentiates me from those that are not accredited
- My clients have somewhere to go, if they are not happy with my services
Continually growing and developing my skills and knowledge is very important to me so that I am able to assist my clients in getting excellent results in what they want to achieve.
As Aristotle quoted “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit”
Since becoming a coach I have developed my coaching skills and moved up the professional levels of:
- Accredited Practitioner
- Accredited Senior
- And now to Accredited Master
I am looking forward to continuing my development journey as I work towards my Accredited Fellow Coach (AFC). Although perhaps a little break from studying and a period of celebrating and fun is in order before I move on.
If you are looking for a Master Coach that strives for excellence and will be pivotal in making successful change happen then please contact me.