It is that time busy of year where everyone is rushing around shopping, organising Christmas things and socialising on top of the usual weekly routine. It is so important to incorporate time for yourself amongst the hectic Christmas schedule.
I teach Mindfulness to my coaching students as a strategy for stress relief and it is very effective. Being mindful of ourselves and others is so important and even more so in December as the demands of Christmas take their toll.
Mindfulness is simply the act of concentrating on your breathing, being aware of your breath and being aware of what is going on around you in the present moment. The more you do it, the more the simplicity of it becomes clear and the benefits manifold.
Mindfulness helps you to:
- Focus your thoughts
- Create a mental environment that is harmonious, peaceful and conducive to clarity of thought
- Calm your mind and reduce stress levels
- Be non-judgemental in your own thoughts, feelings and beliefs
- Be aware of how you behave towards other people
- Listen to your inner voice and allow it to be heard
- Notice the simple beauties and pleasures in the world around you
- Be kind to yourself instead of wishing things were different all the time, or driving yourself to meet impossible goals
- Accept yourself as you are, rather than judging yourself all the time
- Be calmer and happier
Why not be more mindful this December and see how calm your lead up to the festive period could be. If you want to know more about Mindfulness or know of someone that would benefit from it then please contact me.