I attended a Cognitive Reprogramming workshop in London last Friday and mental health was a big topic on the agenda.
So why are mental health issues increasing for both children and adults?
Some of the causes we discussed during the course of the day were:
- Bad diet
- Family issues
- People feel under pressure to suppress their emotions
- Disconnection with the human inner-self
- Negative focus
- Lack of priority around personal well-being
The quote of the day was “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy” – Milton Erickson.
We can all make significant improvements by:
- Understanding more about emotional intelligence so that you can manage your own mind. Emotion drives behaviour, so the need to understand ourselves is very important if change is to happen
- Stepping off the treadmill of life and doing more of what makes you happy
- Clearing your mind of negative values and beliefs
- Not comparing yourself to other people
- Working on what is important to you in life and getting the balance right between work and home
- Discussing medication with clinical specialists and making sure that you can feel what is happening around you rather than suppressing your natural emotions via prescribed drugs
- Changing destructive patterns of behaviour by reprogramming cognitive thoughts towards positivity, happiness and what you do want rather than what you don’t want
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old but creating the new. By focusing on desired outcomes and the positive strategy to get you there will enable people to achieve success and results.
If you want to make a change in your life and do not know where to start then contact me